Football chat & predictions 2017/ 2018/2019

Chat about anything here - Usersub fantasy football - Music: 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s/00s/2010s/New - She's Yours 2018
and much more...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Football chat & predictions 2017/ 2018/2019

Postby Scott » 22 Jul 2018, 02:36

Yeah, the reason i don't do well in our FF is nothing to do with my knowledge of the game it's down to the fact i give up trying like the second week in :D i never bother subbing or exchanging any of my team so just leads up to early capitulating :smoke:
0 x

Advertisement
The Villain
Friday Night Project Guest Presenter
Friday Night Project Guest Presenter

Postby The Villain » 24 Jul 2018, 00:14

Surprised at the transfer gossip of Yerri Mina moving from Barca to Everton. He is tall, good passer of the ball and is faster than Pique although not super fast but still I thought he would be a future star at Barca. He is only 23 and had a good World Cup with Columbia.

Also surprised at some of the other transfer rumours but they might not be true so I'll wait and see.

Diogo Jota to Wolves is a great signing! They also signed Rui Patricio. Two superb signings for a newly promoted team!

Jorginho is a great signing for Chelsea, he will fill the void left by Matic last year. And he will work well beside Kante in the holding midfield roles.

Liverpool buying Allison will strengthen their defence considerably. If they can maintain the same attacking form they had last year then they could do really well. Keita is a great midfield acquisition for them too. And Shaqiri was a bargain.

United signing Fred will allow Pogba to have a more free role in midfield and allow him to get forward more often. If they strengthen their defence they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I would predict Man City will retain the Premier League title. Arsenal have made some superb signings though and if they all gel then they could surprise a lot of people and possibly challenge for the title.
1 x
Every forum needs a Villain

Austin
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Austin » 15 Nov 2018, 22:56

Tonight in the UEFA Nations League in England's group Croatia beat Spain so now with just 1 group game left all 3 teams have still got a chance of winning the group. The group looks like this now.
The last game is England vs Croatia at Wembley on Sunday. If England win we will win the group and go through to the semi finals in June next year, if Croatia wins they will win it and if it's a draw Spain will win it. Just really need to avoid defeat and finishing bottom of the group and relegation to League B.
0 x

Austin
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Austin » 18 Nov 2018, 17:31

In the last UEFA Nations League group game today England needed a win against Croatia to win the group. Croatia were winning 0-1 but England made an amazing comeback and scored 2 in the last 15 minutes to win 2-1. This is the group with England going through to the semi finals next year and Croatia being relegated to League B.
Every game in this tournament is tough and competitive. England will play in the semi finals on 5th or 6th June 2019 and then either the third place game or the final on 9th June 2019 and those games will be in Portugal. More people are paying attention to this tournament now that we have 2 games next summer and could win a trophy. The 3 other teams in the semi finals are Portugal and probably France and Belgium. The semi finals draw will be made on 3rd December. Germany are having a very bad year. They are already certain to be relegated and still even have 1 more game left to play. In the other leagues Ireland and Northern Ireland are both going to be relegated, Wales don't move and Scotland will be promoted with 1 more win.
0 x

Megaboost
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Megaboost » 18 Nov 2018, 19:27

Great game to watch even though it was nail biting when we went 1-0 down but England should have had the game won by the 1st half. If ony they could put their chances away, they could be world beaters. I'll keep Dreamin' anyway :smoke:
0 x

Austin
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Austin » 20 Nov 2018, 22:57

Shouldn't assume anything because Belgium and even world champions France have both failed to win their groups. Belgium finished with 3 wins out of 4 games but even that wasn't enough to finish top of their group. Switzerland and Netherlands will be going through to the UEFA Nations Legue semi finals with England and Portugal. Netherlands just needed a draw against Germany in their last game and they scored twice in the last 5 minutes to get the 2-2 draw. Netherlands failed to qualify for this year's World Cup but they look much better now. Scotland beat Israel tonight. They needed a win to get promotion and they did win 3-2. All of the winners of each group will also get a playoffs place for Euro 2020 if they need it. England will hopefully not need that and will qualify as group winners during those qualifiers. The Euro 2020 qualifying groups draw is going to be made on 2nd December in Dublin the day before they do the UEFA Nations League semi finals draw there.
0 x

Austin
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Austin » 02 Dec 2018, 14:08

Today in the Euro 2020 qualifying groups draw there was a chance that England and Germany could both have been drawn into the same group with Germany being in Pot 2 but it didn't happen. England have got an easy enough draw in Group A with Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Kosovo. England should win the group with no problems. All teams that finish in the top 2 will qualify. There will be 12 different host nations for this tournament and no team gets automatic qualification so every country will have to go through these qualifiers. Ireland, Wales and Scotland have all got a chance of getting a top 2 place and even if Scotland don't they have still got a playoffs place if needed from winning their group in the Nations League. Northern Ireland are in the same group as both Netherlands and Germany so they will be unlikely to get in the top 2.
0 x

Austin
Oscar Winner
Oscar Winner

Postby Austin » 03 Dec 2018, 14:10

In the UEFA Nations League semi finals draw England have been drawn against Netherlands and that will happen on 6th June 2019. The other semi final is Portugal vs Switzerland. After the semi final England will play in either the third place game or the final which are both on 9th June. It's 2 summer games to look forward to next year with the chance of winning a trophy as well. England are the highest ranked team out of these 4 but only just. An England vs Portugal final would be nice and with these games being played in Portugal beating them in their own country would be good.
0 x

Return to “General”