Maisie Smith and Ranvir Singh - Strictly Intros - 16/10/20

Including all the girls from Big Brother past and present - The Only Way Is Essex - Made In Chelsea - The Valleys - Geordie Shore
kucernak
Supporting Role In Summer Blockbuster
Supporting Role In Summer Blockbuster

Maisie Smith and Ranvir Singh - Strictly Intros - 16/10/20

Postby kucernak » 17 Oct 2020, 11:12

Maisie and Ranvir had the best intros, so I GIFed those and included looped versions. Keeping the thumbnail size low as the forum is really creaking these days.

ImageImageImage Image

ImageImage

With A-Maisie's legs, those walnuts never stood a chance. :D
16 x

Advertisement
Xaos335
Hollywood Star
Hollywood Star

Re: Maisie Smith and Ranvir Singh - Strictly Intros - 16/10/20

Postby Xaos335 » 17 Oct 2020, 12:33

kucernak wrote:Maisie and Ranvir had the best intros, so I GIFed those and included looped versions. Keeping the thumbnail size low as the forum is really creaking these days.

With A-Maisie's legs, those walnuts never stood a chance. :D

Pretty certain Maisie's going to be one of the top contestants on this show and is going to go far. She has dancing experience previously and can move
0 x

diary of a nob
Lead Role In B-Movie
Lead Role In B-Movie

Postby diary of a nob » 17 Oct 2020, 12:55

^^ Not being funny but is it wise to quote the whole post when OP said they're trying to reduce the number of images the forum has to load? Maybe I don't understand how it works, just a thought.

Anyway, the gifs of Ranvir have made my day, thanks!
1 x

Xaos335
Hollywood Star
Hollywood Star

Postby Xaos335 » 17 Oct 2020, 13:13

diary of a nob wrote:^^ Not being funny but is it wise to quote the whole post when OP said they're trying to reduce the number of images the forum has to load? Maybe I don't understand how it works, just a thought.

Anyway, the gifs of Ranvir have made my day, thanks!

Agree with you totally something I did without thinking. I hadn't read the OPs entire post before commenting just saw the gifs then commented. My bad. I've removed that as every little helps. On a related note, for those users posting gifs, honestly I found that reducing the thumbnail size helps massively (180 pixels and under). Even from 250 to 180 can help drastically, I've tested 250 vs 180 and under. 250 is not as noticeable with posts with less gifs but still affects the forum. 180 is probably better and speeds up how fast it takes for the forum to render and play the full gif.

Honestly, i've seen much larger forums with gifs like this and it doesn't affect them to the extent that i've seen on this site (probably as this forum when compared to other celebrity forums normally sees lower traffic and therefore when it's hit by an influx of traffic it gives us all these errors). This is one of the few celebrity pic forums that I have seen that doesn't require donations from users or pay to access VIP parts of the forum to help keep the site running in order without issues so in my opinion this forum is awesome but then because of no donations etc it means it's harder and less likely that those running this site are to maintain, patch, update, upgrade etc). I'm pretty certain forums asking for donations use that money to improve the perfomance of the forum. I'm not saying that the admins on this forum aren't dealing with issues and it isn't caused by users like me but maybe this could be prevented by increasing server resource. I'm no expert btw but i'm just comparing to other forums where I don't experience 503 errors, slowness etc to the extent that I see on this forum.

The problem is this forum is just going to get more popular with users visiting, registering on it therefore more traffic so the question is do things need to change and if not, then we may just see issues like this happening more frequently. :idunno: Yes doing small things like reducing thumbnail sizes, taking gaps between posts so not to overload the server will help :thumbsup: but in the long run is this a viable solution? :down: I guess it is if the forum is to stay free for people to access without services such as donations, pay to access VIP sections etc. I'm probably just rambling on and on and nobody cares but just my thoughts. :lol:

I'm certainly guilty of making thumbs too large and likewise creating posting too quickly but maybe we should put something in place where we have certain rules that users have to follow i.e. thumbnails no greater than 250 or something, gifs no larger than 180 pixels and if people don't listen then they get warned. 3 warnings mean a ban. I know it's harsh but other forums have similar rules. Maybe this will help improve issues on the forum. In terms of taking time out between individual posts, I know that some forums require a time-out period between posts where the forum doesn't allow users to post multiple comments in under 30 seconds. Perhaps this is something that the Mods on this forum could implement and not only with comments but also posts?

Putting aside users causing the issues, the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 503 Service Unavailable server error response code that we are all getting indicates that the server is not ready to handle the request. Common causes are a server that is down for maintenance or that is overloaded. As with most HTTP response codes that indicate an error like this, it can be difficult to determine the exact cause of a 503 Service Unavailable. There are dozens of possible HTTP status codes used to represent the complex relationship between the client, a web application, a web server, and often multiple third-party web services, so determining the cause of a particular status code can be a challenge, even under the best of circumstances.

The common troubleshooting solutions are as follows but unfortunately I don't run this forum:

1) Reboot your server.
2) Check to see if your web server is going through maintenance.
3) Fix faulty firewall configurations.
4) Sift through your server-side logs.
5) Comb through your website’s code to find bugs.

1. Restart your server.
Sometimes, there will be congestion in the server chain that hosts your website. One of the most effective ways to open up and refresh it is to simply restart your web server. If your website is hosted on multiple servers, make sure you restart all of them to get it running again.

2. Check to see if your web server is going through maintenance.
Most web servers shut down when they’re going through maintenance. If you can access your server’s administration settings, check the configuration options to see when automatic maintenance sessions are scheduled. If you’d rather have complete control over your server’s maintenance, you can disable these automatic updates in the configuration options, too.

3. Fix faulty firewall configurations.
Your firewall is your website’s gatekeeper, protecting your site from malicious visitors or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Sometimes, a faulty firewall configuration will cause your firewall to deem requests from a content delivery network as an attack on your server and reject them, resulting in a 503 Service Unavailable Error. Check your firewall configuration to pinpoint and fix the issue.

4. Sift through your server-side logs.
There are two types of server-side logs -- applications logs and server logs. Application logs recount your website’s entire history, letting you see the web pages requested by visitors and the servers it connected to. Server logs provide information about the hardware running your server, revealing details about its health and status. Sift through both types of server-side logs to uncover any alarming information about your server or website.

5. Comb through your website’s code to find bugs.
If there’s a mistake in your website’s code, your web server might not be able to correctly answer requests from a content delivery network. Comb through your code to find bugs or copy your code into a development machine. It’ll perform a thorough debug process that will simulate the exact situation your 503 Service Unavailable Error occurred in and allow you to find the exact moment things went wrong.
3 x

Xaos335
Hollywood Star
Hollywood Star

Postby Xaos335 » 17 Oct 2020, 15:40

5 x

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scott » 18 Oct 2020, 02:54

Another Maisie video, a longer one with more interview.

:love:
1 x

Return to “Reality TV”